20 July 2006

Wednesday and Thursday

This could be quite a long post because it covers what happened during Wednesday and today.

Wednesday

This is the heaviest and most tiring day of my whole week. I have six subjects, n kilograms of books and notebooks, and clothes for PE. Darn my women fitness PE! Anyway....I used my new gym bag which I bought in Mall of Asia. It was big and accommodated my stuff and clothes. One downside though: IT WAS SO DARN HEAVY! And to think that my first class is located in the FOURTH FLOOR! I had nothing to do but carry the gym bag on my shoulder and climb all the way to the top floor. When I got there, I was panting and shoulders aching.

Mr. Albano came in at seven five and gave us our quiz on the three previous experiments. It was easy because I studied and I listened to the lectures and I did those experiments. We needed a calculator, and I thought I didn't bring one! Panic struck me as I searched for alternatives. Giving up, I told myself that I'd just do the calculations manually. Then I remembered the gym bag had one secret compartment. Zipping it open, I found my Casio calculator. Relief!

Lecture was about the four types of reaction: synthesis, decomposition, single-replacement, and double-replacement. I saw the activity series again, this time with some additions. (I memorized it last night. Yipee!) Then Mr. Albano took out the results of the first quiz. He was just going to say who were the highest scorers of the class. I wasn't expecting he'd call mine.

But he did! CHUA. And was first on the list (because it was alphabetical). I got an 88, a 2.0 or whatever, I don't quite memorize the grading system. I was so happy about that.

I'll skip the unnecessary blah-blahs and go straight to my last class of the day: trigonometry.

The typical Ms. Balmeo gave us a three-number seatwork. Two sine curves and a cosine curve. The problem is: she hasn't even taught us yet. She left us with question marks (not me) above our heads last meeting. Okay....I went to solve and graph the graphs, talking to my seatmate Luis while doing the seatwork. He was asking me how to do it so I had to keep on talking to him. I was still talking to him when CJ approached and asked if I had PE. I said yes, then he said I should go for I was running late. Glancing at my watch, it was 3:10 pm! PE classes start at 3pm, but for me, the teacher gave me a thirty-minute allotment for me to change my clothes. I gave the professor my seatwork and bade goodbye to Luis and ran all the way to the gym to change. I got there with ten minutes to spare.

We were supposed to do a dance number on fitness, for it was our practical test number one. One move of the dance was we were supposed to roll and then lie down, then lift up the leg. So I rolled, lied down....but then I felt my shoe loosen. When I lifted my leg up, the shoe was threatening to come down and hit me in my face! With no good choices, I was fixing my shoe while the leg was up there!

Luckily I still got a 2.75 on the test.

I went home tired. After eating two pieces of hotdogs, I relaxed a bit and studied for the Rizal Course test. Darn it, there are too many details to remember! After RC, I did advance readings on chemistry because I knew the professor was going to go to the next topic of the lesson. Honestly speaking, I did more readings on chemistry rather than the subject I was supposed to have a quiz on.

Slept at 11pm, first time in college.

Thursday

Today was quite a good day because I only have three subjects. I thought I was going to be late because it was already six fifty on my watch and I was still in Dapitan, walking towards the gates of UST. Luckily, I arrived early and managed to read a little RC and chemistry. Dean Sevilla entered the classroom at exactly seven, with still a lot of blanks in some seats. They're in deep trouble; Dr. Sevilla doesn't allow any students to enter once classes have started.

There are many latecomers standing outside Labrador Hall. (Well, come to school early then!)

Dean Sevilla made us pass around a printout paper, saying we should check the spelling of our names and if our student numbers were correct. I hope that our IDs would be given to us!!!!!

Doc Sev gave us problems to solve. I was already done solving it when Mikki raised his hand. Conversation excerpt:

Mikki: Sir!
Doc Sev: (took the notebook) Oh, bakit sa scratch? (checks the notebook) Oh, mali!

I called Doc Sev's attention because he was just inches from me. He took my notebook and nodded his head--it was a correct answer. He motioned for me to write the answer on the board. Some of my classmates were saying, "Oo nga no!" while I was writing it down.

More problems later, he taught us the limiting reagents (limiting reactants). His method confused me at first, but I caught up. Using Mrs. Rivera style, I solved for the limiting reactant. Doc Sev gave us the homework, then when class ended, I approached him and asked if my method would also be correct. He looked at it and nodded his head. "Pwede rin yan," he said.

*****While doing this post, I was surfing on Shirlina's blog. My! She's got so many posts. It means I haven't been surfing to see who's updated. Sorry, been very very busy. *********

I got so sleepy in theology but I managed to keep myself awake.

Rizal Course time! We transferred to Room 313 and it was so small. Our classroom was Labrador Hall, a hall--so common sense, a big room. CRAP is the ideal word for the RC test. The questions were all so irrelevant and the minute details. Rizal Course right? So focus is Rizal? Who in earth would care about General Piovieja and Czar Alexander II (19th century. Rizal was born in the 19th century.)

We had our class picture after our subjects. Afterwards, I was supposed to pay my existing account but I forgot it. I had to pay it tomorrow or next week BEFORE THE PRELIMS. I don't want to be lining up a long queue because the line's gonna be long when you don't pay earlier.

We don't have classes tomorrow because it's our recollection (reflection time.....). I'll do my chemistry lab logbook data and post lab later....

Long post, eh? Happy reading!



2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, July 20, 2006 , Blogger ravenik45 said...

Hmmm, slice-of-life entry. Sana teachers ko ung tulad ng Dean, ndi nagpapapasok kapag late na!!! Teach those late ones a LESSON.

 
At 7:47 PM, July 20, 2006 , Blogger winterdawn said...

NICE!haha I knew you would do well in Chemistry.We're having RC i think next term, I hope the questions wont be so "tricky" as your teacher's LOL Happy day haha no classes tomorrow...inggit ako, may test pa kmi PE bukas

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home