08 July 2006

Saturday Reds

It's a Saturday, and I should be doing my readings and assignments now. But I chose not to, because I'm not in the mood and I don't feel so well.

I had my wisdom tooth extracted just this morning.

My cousin, who had his wisdom tooth extracted just last week, was nervous; but I was calm. My mom and I left the house at eight forty-five because the 'surgery' was scheduled at nine AM. The dentist wasn't there yet, so I read magazines and watched TV at the clinic while waiting. He arrived at around nine fifteen.

The dentist and his wife were going to do the procedure. They left the x-ray at their house, so doc had to retrieve it. His wife, on the other half, injected anesthesia to my lip and the surrounding muscles of the tooth. When the anesthesia came to effect, I felt my whole right cheek numb and I had this fat lip.

I'm not gonna discuss in detail the operation; it might get graphic. Saturday Reds because, well, operations require a great deal of blood right?

Anyway, when the tooth was extracted, it was as big as a fully formed molar. But that tooth hadn't erupted fully yet; it was pushing my other teeth. My cousin's were already full, so when the dentist extracted it, it was already in half. Mine was full.

No hot and hard foods for me. I have to chew my food slowly on the left side to prevent the wound from bleeding. It will take a week to heal!! My goodness....I'm eating noodles and drinking cold water. And I can eat all the ice cream....

It's not over yet. The left wisdom tooth will be extracted two months from now.

Argh.....I think I'm going back to my baby days: eating Gerber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home