17 July 2006

Moody Monday

The difference between chemical engineering and chemistry can be illustrated by considering the example of producing orange juice. A chemist working in the laboratory investigates and discovers a multitude of pathways to extract the juice of an orange. The simplest mechanism found is to cut the orange in half and squeeze the orange using a manual juicer. A more complicated approach found is to peel and then crush the orange and collect the juice. A company then commissions a chemical engineer to design a plant to manufacture several thousand tons of orange juice per year. The chemical engineer investigates all the available methods for making orange juice and evaluates them according to their economical viability. Even though the manual juicing method is simple, it is not economical to employ thousands of people to manually juice oranges. Thus another, cheaper method is used (possibly the 'peel and crush' technique). The easiest method of manufacture on a laboratory bench will not necessarily be the most economical method for a manufacturing plant.

The Wowowee barkada together with Inno, Nikki, and Tetsu were discussing the difference of chemistry and chemical engineering. You ask me? I'm sticking to chemistry. I don't like engineering.

It's a Monday, and I'm not in the mood. There's a long quiz in general chemistry and a quiz on theology tomorrow, and I just finished studying the first subject. Due to lack of sleep or just the Monday blues, my mind wasn't working well with solving the stoichiometry problems. Sheesh...I would have to deal with them later. Again. I don't like failing.

Prof. Balmeo taught us the sine curves today. Instead of explaining it to us, she was talking to the whiteboard and doing a table of the values. To honestly tell the truth, I find myself using Ahya Andrew method. (Or Ms. Ang or Mr. Ang method.) 0-M-0-m-0. It's outright EASIER than using the table. Even Luis, my seatmate, couldn't understand the professor and asked for a little help.

Shoot. I have an mp3 player but I don't know what songs to put into.

Uneans! Do you still go back to our alma mater? Just asking. For me, the school's been too common for me to go back. I don't like going back anymore; I'd rather stay at home and do my assignments. (I'm telling the truth. I've returned to Uno for FOUR TIMES ALREADY!)











2 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, July 17, 2006 , Blogger ravenik45 said...

I see... I just went back to UNO kanina... Wearing my Ateneo ID... with Lisa wahahha. I saw Uling with a new haircut mwahaha

 
At 6:57 PM, July 18, 2006 , Blogger winterdawn said...

*sigh* I would walk past UNO everytime I go home, for at least twice a week, but I never had the thought of going in.Like what you've said, yeah, too common.Didnt't know that you already have to deal with sine curves and stuff while you were still in first year college HAHA lucky you! :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home