22 June 2006

Second, Third....Have Lost Count!

***After two days of constant studying, I have finally finished my reading and turned the PC on to listen to music and catch up on some things.

It's June 22! Exactly two days that I haven't opened the computer. I just finished reading my CH101L lab manual appendices because there's gonna be a recitation on Monday. I find myself studying my subjects every time I get back home, which I don't usually do when I was in high school. (Except for chemistry class, of course of course.)

I'm sneezing and feeling hot. Don't tell me I'm having a fever.

Alright, so what happened today. It turns out that a lot of my professors are Mrs. Rivera's professors too when she was still a student in UST! That is so cool. She was asking me to send her regards to Dr. Sevilla, (my favorite teacher in college) and I did it just a while ago. After we had our class, I walked beside him and told him that Mrs. Rivera's my high school teacher.

He was smiling and laughing! Doc Sev was really amused. "Estudyante ng estudyante ko nandito na!" Then he laughed out loud.

Just to move aside from our topic, let me list down my favorite teachers in college:

1. Dr. Sevilla (Ch101-general chemistry): The best professor ever. He lectures in Filipino, writes the lecture down in English, and discusses the lecture THOROUGHLY.

Wala nang sumunod. Hahaha. Dr. Menguito, the chemistry chairperson, comes next, although she's not my professor. Mabait siya; very approachable.

Goodness! All my professors, not only in chemistry subjects, all have Ph.D. degrees. The chemistry program at the UST is the center of excellence at the whole College of Science. (Hindi po ako nagyayabang, totoo po ito.)

*********

Yup. I've been advance reading my lessons every now and then. There's not a minute that I'm relaxing; I always have my chemistry book or any other book or any other assignment on my lap. Of course, Uneans are now taking their college studies seriously now. (Meron bang hindi?) I'm one of them.

I enjoy my barkada's companion, and I'm starting to know my blockmates a little more. Some of them are nagpapaturo ng Chinese during free time. I've become a parttime Chinese teacher inside class. Hehehe...

I'm considering joining the Scarlet org, the Fil-Chi org in UST. Chemistry majors are immediate members of the UST Chemical Society, but I'm eyeing the Red Cross Youth Council because they have great missions.

******

Yesterday I went back to Uno. I terribly missed the school.

When I got there with Em and Christabelle, I immediately went to Mrs. Rivera's office. God was with me! She's there! We bestowed hugs and hello's, and there she told me that most of my professors were her professors during her time.

Daming gastos! Read my last post. You'll understand.

This Friday and Saturday, I will have my break. One should not be studying all the time. Take it easy; take breaks. On Saturday, Mom will be treating me to my favorite restaurant of all time: TB! (Not tuberculosis! Guess....I have mentioned it a lot of times already.) I'll just have to study my lessons on Saturday night.

Yup, that's how hard being a science major. But since I love the course I took, I would try to love the hard work I'm given. Naks. =D

Things I like in UST:

- the cold coffee booth on the third floor (my department) just in front of the College of Science office

- the cool air around the campus

- the walks towards the classroom

- Dr. Sevilla's constant jokes and lectures

- I'm appreciating the prayers before and after class.

- mga tawanan ng Wowowee barkada

- the heavy boulders...este books

- exercise I take every morning (constant walking constant walking constant walking)

- the free cuts we get when a prof's out or absent

Things I hate in UST:

- LUNCH RUSH! Grr...

- mainit pag lunch....

- baha pag umuulan...

Yun lang! ΓΌ

God bless you all!




2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, June 22, 2006 , Blogger ravenik45 said...

Wow! lucky to the 5th power my teacher kang ganun! Why didn't you invite me to UNO?!? Wala lang... haha

 
At 5:14 PM, June 23, 2006 , Blogger steph said...

wahaha....hehehe =D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home