01 July 2006

Difference Between Uno and UST

Yes, I know, the difference is already very very obvious. But just let me state some examples. Maybe the general title should be: Difference Between College and Uno.

Last Thursday, Dr. Sevilla was out. He's the dean of the College of Science, and he teaches general chemistry to freshmen chem students and other chemistry to upper year chemistry students. GenChem class is 7:00-8:30 AM. I could go to UST before eight but the president told us to still come early as the dean's meeting might be cancelled.

Nope, Doc Sev still had his meeting. What did we do? Instead of sitting on our proper places, the class was chaotic. Somebody brought a boombox and we played music during GenChem class. Some were practicing their dance moves for the ChemSoc (Chemical Society) dance troupe auditions today. Let them be, let them be--for we had free pop music to listen. I mingled and laughed with them for a while, then I continued reading my book.

At first, I was kinda shocked because somebody had the guts to bring a boombox to class. (Luckily, our hall [Labrador Hall exclusive for chemistry students] was sound proof). During high school, whenever the teacher's absent, we would just stay at our seats and do whatever stuff we wanted to do. Read magazines, study, do homework, sleep...just don't make noise because Mr. Yu will reprimand the class.

College life is very open-minded. Diverse. A heterogeneous mixture of people. (I am talking in scientific terms again.) Melting pot of several cultures. If you're a hermit, a closed person, you would surely get shocked on your first day on your university.

Uno is strict. If you bring the boombox into class like that, I'm sure the disclipinarian officer would call you down and suspend you. I enjoy college life. I'm given a lot of freedom. You can roam around the corridors texting, hanging your cellphone on your neck, wearing a cap, listening to your iPod, or doing your thing with your Palm Pilots. Do that in Uno? I don't think so.





2 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, July 01, 2006 , Blogger winterdawn said...

NICE!NICE!Indeed, what you said was true. We're free to do anything in college,the school never cares. Open-minded..true, my classmates and profs cuss in class openly LOL I was shocked at first, but now its ok with me haha Happy that you're enjoying your college life, despite of the heavy loads of homeworka and projects. Keep it up! ^^

 
At 8:33 PM, July 03, 2006 , Blogger ravenik45 said...

Liberated in the Ateneo also... you can eat and drink in class, you can sit anywhere you want, and you can contradict the teacher for a particular matter... Too bad our teachers are always present wahaha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home