28 October 2006

Three Eagles, a Tiger, and an Archer

Since I have nothing to do, I decided to post what happened last Tuesday.

It should be three and a half Eagles, because I'm a half-Eagle as Nikko said. Half-Eagle, Half-Tiger. Ano yun, Buckbeak from Harry Potter?!

You should know that last Tuesday was the last day of the Ramadan; therefore, a holiday. My mom wouldn't let me out of the house for the past few weeks because of budget constraint, so I stayed at house and read my chemistry book. One Sunday, when I asked her if I could go out of the house, she said yes.

I immediately texted my good and close friend Nikko if he'd go for ice skating. He told me that Solomon had invited him to MoA this coming Tuesday, so I agreed to tag along. Nikko was texting every close friend of ours whether they wanted to come with us. That Monday night, the group was set: me, Nikko, Solomon, Lisa, and Joanie.

We set the time at 9:30AM at Gum and Mug. I arrived at around 9:20 AM, with Nikko and Lisa there. Nikko and I both loathe latecomers, so we texted and called Solomon and Joanie to hurry up. We set the maximum time limit at 9:45 AM. Joanie, who just lived a few steps away from Gum and Mug, arrived at exactly 9:45 AM. Solomon came at 10:00AM. Wasting no more time, we hopped in Lisa's Pajero. Talk about the early Eagles and the Tiger....hehehe....

Pictures were taken at the van. Check them out at Nikko's Multiply site; you can find the link in the right corner.

When we arrived at the Mall of Asia, we went to buy ice skating tickets. Solomon was fined (by us) with renting and paying the two lockers. It only took us a few minutes to buy the tickets and off to Teriyaki Boy we went.

Of course, who would forget to order the California Maki and gyoza? Chomp chomp. More pictures were taken.

And the next thing was ice skating of course! Since we were to go home at around nine in the evening, all of us agreed to skate for three hours. Joanie was a beginner, so I tried to assist her. She was brave enough to go directly to the middle of the rink....but fell 15 or more times on her gluteus maximus. She backed out and told us she'd go window shopping.

Point taken--- I remembered the time I was a rookie myself, I fell only four times. Falling makes perfect. Nyahaha...

At the rink, we took some pictures again. The four of us-- Nikko, Solomon, Lisa, and I-- circled the rink a lot of times. Solomon acted like a kid again when he made siksik with the other kids when the artificial snow came down. Saying of snow, snow is supposed to be made of SMALL particles. Nikko was at the 'falling snow district', but a big slab of snow fell down his head. Hahaha....

I was calmly and confidently skating around the rink, with Solomon by my side, when I suddenly fell. Solomon just stood there! So I knelt on my knees, only to find my hands to be near Solomon's skates. They were scratching my hand! So he held out a hand to help me up, but he fell too. I was supposed to stand up because of Solomon's constant chuckling, I fell down again.

That happened to Nikko too. Fell down two times because of Solomon's constant laughing.

It was around three-fifteen in the afternoon when we left the rink and we met Nikko's mom and sister. Nikko's mom treated us to Cafe Breton, and the resto was located near the Baywalk. Learning from our past mistake of ordering a crepe per person, we shared a plate of La Pinay. I tried out their vanilla milkshake too; it wasn't very sweet so it was good.

Turns out that the pair of Havaianas that Nikko wanted didn't carry his size. We went down to Q Power Station and loaded a whopping eighteen (or more) credits to the Dance Maniax machine. (It's our turn to use the strategy the Filipinos use on us. Hahaha....) Solomon and I danced first. Then Nikko and Solomon. Then I forgot who went next.

It was this MoA Dance Maniax dance that I had confidence to tackle a few difficult songs like Baila, Baila and others. I panicked before, seeing those confusing red and blue orbs coming like hell. Now I can manage Baila, Baila, All My Love and other crazy songs that Nikko and Solomon choose.

I danced with Joanie only to discover she was very hyper. She jumped when a jump wasn't needed. And may I add that she cursed the machine when she didn't block the correct location? Hahahaha....but it was fun!

Chef d' Angelo was crammed with people, so we settled at Shakey's for dinner.

I ordered pizza for everybody and a basket of my über favorite mojo potatoes. I am currently hooked in drinking lemonade. Yum yum.

Our last stop was BreadTalk, and Lisa's parents picked us up from the mall. We shared a lot of stories in the car.

That day was really fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home