20 October 2006

Remembering

Oookay, I just had finished renewing my blog's style. The last one was already quite boring.

It's our semestral break, and it could only be described in one word: BORING. Darn it, there are no good shows on TV, I can't go outside because I don't have money, and I've been reading my textbooks to get an edge but it's just boring.

I was sitting in front of the computer monitor when I abruptly remembered the first time I went ice skating. Ice skating has been one of my favorite pastimes, especially when I'm with my friends and at my favorite mall: SM Mall of Asia. Who introduced me to this sport that I'd never think I'd dwell in?

Well, it was a Unean reunion that started from a badminton game. Nikko, Lisa, George and I. It was around the first few weeks of our college lives. After the game, we all hopped aboard the LRT train to MoA. We dined at our favorite restaurant, well, maybe just me and Nikko's favorite resto. Then came the ice skating part.

I shall say: I was excited. I'd never tried ice skating before and it seemed fun to be skating on ice. I had never skated before, not even on rollerblades.

There were no railings on the rink, just narrow slits where one can place their fingers and aid them in balancing. Needless to say, first step, and I slipped down on my butt. Of course, falling down the ice is just normal; you won't learn how to skate if you're scared of slipping.

It took me hours to manage how to walk on ice. The masters, Lisa and Nikko, guided George and I. One should not be afraid of letting go--it's the only way you learn the tricks. After that day, I knew how to balance and walk on ice, and a little gliding.

The second time I went ice skating was after our preliminary exams. I was the one who invited my blockmates to go skating, knowing that I could now skate. It took me a few minutes to get used to the skates and the slippery ice, and a few falling and tripping due to my blockmates who kept screaming and tugging on my jacket.

It was also on this second time of ice skating that I knew how to glide.

After the third ice skating experience (a birthday blowout with two close friends of mine), I immediately knew that I'm hooked on it. When before we just couldn't end our malling without dancing the Dance Maniax, our trip is not complete when we do not don the ice skates and dominate the rink.

Dance Maniax was only dessert when ice skating came into my life.

For those who aspire to skate: Go ahead! It's one big experience you won't forget. It'll take you a few minutes to a few hours to manage to balance and stand straight, but it is fulfilling. Maybe I'll see you around the rink one day!

PS. Hey, my ice skating buddies! Kelan ulit? =D

3 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, October 21, 2006 , Blogger ravenik45 said...

The answer to my last uestion: AT LEAST once before sem break ends...

(Stressed on AT LEAST) kasi pwedeng twice, thrice, or every dasy... Nagpaparinig... wahahaha

Christmas break rin... Perfect sa weather!

 
At 5:55 PM, October 21, 2006 , Blogger steph said...

Yeah, basta one for sem break, one for Xmas break para exchange gift....nyahahaha.....

 
At 9:15 PM, October 24, 2006 , Blogger winterdawn said...

HEY!!!Don't forget to call on me when you go ice skating next time :D I' want to have my try too :P I'm thinking of treating you guys to MOA on my birthday, maybe by then you two experts could teach me how to skate :D See ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home