17 October 2006

To Help or Not to Help

I am not selfish, I have told this to people a dozen million times. I do my best to help people with their ordeals (may it be the upcoming five chapter math test or three chapter all-solving chemistry exam), but sometimes, I think that I'm getting fed up being the 'good girl'.

What's the sense of being good when all people do is abuse your kindness? I once told these people that I'd help them in any way (the good way), but they should not abuse the kindness I show them. Oh, as usual, it comes out of the other ear.

These people take up a course that's hard to take. Challenges. Failures. Success. And the usual 5.0 grade. They all come with the course. How to pass? Study, focus, concentrate. There are no short cuts. Take the road less taken. What do these people do? Slack off. Concentrate on being the coolest failing jock in class. Focus on being the most beautiful chica in the whole college.

Now, you're there, sitting your ass off and writing the most coveted notes in the class, listening to the professor's every word, answering every possible homework question. You're really attentive, really focused. You're determined to give your best and well, be the best.

Then these losers come and ask for your notes, your homework, your data...and they even borrow your pens, your calculator, and liquid wipe out. The shortcut.

The question: to help or not to help? To borrow or not to borrow? I mean, these failures are relaxing their asses on their couches while you burn your eyebrows trying to understand logarithmic functions and derivatives. When they fail, they come, cry, weep, and ask for your help.

How pathetic.


Well...to tell the truth, I've been stupid enough to borrow, to help. I mean, yeah, I know that I should help them, but not to the extent that I'm ignoring my own duties. Hello? Tutoring on finals week? Yeah, when you don't have a twenty-chapter exam tomorrow morning.

Why don't they ask the smarty-pants who are really selfish to share?

Why don't they ask the smarty-pants to tutor them? Oh, yeah, they are just too busy.

The first semester is over. Regrets over failed grades are flooding their brains. The thought of being an irregular student in their first year of college are already haunting them. My tutoring session might have helped, but if they don't put their own heart in studying, it's just a rotten piece of crap.

The question still remains. What would be your answer?


4 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, October 19, 2006 , Blogger dk said...

Glad you're doin' well hehe!

Ang saya ng feeling ano? Yung para bang lahat ng bigat sa balikat mo naglaho na lang ng parang bula dahil tapos na SA WAKAS ang LAHAT ng paghihirap sa FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah!!! (victory dance, wanna waltz w/ me? hehe)

Ok, enough of my insanity moments! I just wanna congratulate the two of us for finally having the much-coveted SEM BREAK!

 
At 1:24 PM, October 19, 2006 , Blogger dk said...

Anyways, about that question...yeah, it's hard to answer. Seeing you write this, I can't help but think that your blockmates are too much of a pain in your ass. They make some crappy excuse when all they're doing is slacking off and letting you do all the hard work. That's bullshit.

Don't let yourself worry 'bout them during the sem break. They're not worth your time, bes! :-)

 
At 5:14 PM, October 19, 2006 , Blogger steph said...

Hay naku, DK, ganun pa rin, may topak sa ulo! Hahaha...

SEM BREAK....nyahahahaha...

Hay, kung alam mo lang no! Crap talaga silang lahat! Wahahaha....

 
At 9:24 PM, October 24, 2006 , Blogger winterdawn said...

WOW STEPH!I could relate with you,TOTALLY! To help or not to help?It's really hard to say. That's also the question I ask myself whenever people came asking for my help.Sometimes its just hard to refuse them,but sometimes doing such is inevitable.

All I can say is, think of yourself first before you worry for others hehe (Its not that I'm selfish,but I can't help others while risking my grades,can I?) :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home