26 October 2006

Yesterday and Tomorrow

Before I start with today's post, let me narrate to you guys what happened last Wednesday, the day that Thomasians are supposed to get their clearance reports.

You may ask, "What is a clearance report?" It's actually a piece of paper with all of your subjects and the action taken--passed or failed, and the total unit deficiencies. I arrived at UST at 8:00 am and went straight to Blas Hall to get mine. I met a few of my blockmates, most of them with frowns on their faces.

I passed all of my subjects, and next on the list was to check out the grades in the Students' Kiosk computer, located at the second floor near the accounting department of the university. Hell, the line was so long when I got there! Nevertheless, being patient as I am, I stood and waited.

George came and chatted with me for a few minutes; it was his enrolment and he gave me my late birthday gift. Hahaha...

It was around 12:30 pm when my turn arrived. I typed in my student number and the password, and I saw my grades. A few uno's (1.0 grades) and well, a lot of 2's (2.0 grades). The GWA (grade weighted average) was not indicated. I grew quite nervous because with a lot of 2's, Dean's List was growing far away from me.

Dean's List average cut-offs are different per college in the University of Santo Tomas. The criteria in the College of Science is as follows:

- two grades of 1.0

- weighted average of all subjects must not be lower than 1.75

- no failures

- must have regular load

Difficult, eh? Proven. I computed my grades and it turns out that my GWA was 1.9! I was so devastated. I was 0.15 points short for the cut-off. It was really freaking painful. I worked so hard to attain high grades and all I got were 2's? That was damn unfair.

(Another post would be posted about my feelings.)

My mom, seeing that I was really depressed about the outcome, told me that we can go to the movies and she would be treating me to a favorite restaurant of my choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, my mom and I went to Robinson's Ermita. We didn't get to watch movies due to time constraint, so we decided to eat lunch at---yes, Friday's.

I ordered my favorites: loaded potato skins, chicken alfredo pasta (for sharing) smothered with cheese and bacon, and a glass of lemonade. Mother opted for a green mango shake. Our waiter's name was Gaylord, how about that. It keep me chuckling.

Yum, yum. It was really delicious! I love Friday's potato skins and pasta. Authentically American. Since my mom had a gold Citibank credit card with an advantage of 20% discount at Friday's (and other high-class restos), she allowed us to eat at Friday's. Usually, we would go for Teriyaki Boy.

Speaking of TBoy, in case you my readers don't know, there's a Teriyaki Boy restaurant at Robinson's Ermita, level three, food court.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home