13 September 2006

Tired

Let me give you a rundown of what happened yesterday and today.

Yesterday

Our chemlab professor announced that there was going to be an exhibit by PHILAAS (Philippine Association for the Advancement of Science) on Sept. 14-15, 2006. When did he announce it? Last Friday. And he wanted that we do good.

The class was divided into two groups, aroma chemistry and quick tests. At first I thought it was going to be a big exhibit and would involve other courses in the College of Science. Well, apparently not. Because the PHILAAS president is our dean himself, his students (us) were supposed to do it. Wow, the freshmen are going to do it.

Anyway. I was to help the group in setting up the UST booth at TARC (Thomas Aquinas Research Center), but I had PE class. I asked permission from the teacher to cut half of the class. She agreed. I proceeded to the Physical Chemistry lab.

We hauled the test tubes and glassware to the research complex. We were fifteen at first. When the clock ticked six and the skies turned dark, some of my blockmates headed home. They lived far from UST.

Guess what, I stayed behind. And staying behind had its own advantages. Number one, bonding time with some of my blockmates that had no problem staying late. Number two, nagkwekwentuhan at nagtatawanan kasama si Doc Sev the Dean.

At 8:30 PM I left the university, grabbed dinner (nalampasan na ng gutom), and headed home. I straightened out a few things and went to bed. And what do you expect? CRAMPS! Darn it.

Today

We only had an hour of general chemistry lecture for us to set up the exhibit. We wanted to borrow a laptop at TARC because one of our groupmates forgot to bring hers. Our chemlab professor said he'd get it, but in the end, he didn't. (And he is starting to look bad in my score card.) The exhibit started at ten o' clock.

And my goodness, we were met by chemists and other prominent figures like the owner of Rustan's and FVR's sister Leticia Salani (I am sorry for the spelling.). They were shocked to know we were freshmen students. And Dean Sevilla's students.

My mouth ran dry from explaining esterification and fragrance and aromatherapy. I am happy that my groupmates helped me explain.

At 12pm, my legs were sore. I am sure to get cramps later this evening.

I was really dying to go home when I received the news that we were marked 0 in our theology test. It's not our fault. Doc Sev didn't write an excuse letter.

I was again dying to go home when suddenly Mr. ChemLab professor asked who didn't have lunch yet. Sixteen hands shot up. "Magpapakain pa eh!" I am not being matakaw or what--I can buy my own food--but I was really running low in energy.

Jollibee Chickenjoy was ordered for the students courtesy of our kind Dean Dr. Sevilla. The ration was distributed (hahaha) and some ate at the corridors, others ate at the exit stairs. It was good enough because it was the Dean's treat.

ARGH! MY YAHOO MESSENGER IS NOT WORKING AND MY INTERNET IS BUSTED!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home