19 August 2006

Buhay Unibersidad

It's been two months ever since I stepped inside the Main Building of the University of Santo Tomas and starting my college life. At first, I was very confident of meeting new friends because I had good PR skills. I somehow doubted my blockmates at first because their personalities didn't match mine.


I can say that there are some in the class that I don't really like, but I get along well with most of them. The important word in this relationship is pakikisama. Why don't I connect with the others? That's because they don't know how to get along with me. I approached them with my friendly disposition, but they recriprocated it with mild hostility. They have found their own friends, and they flock together. There's no need for me to disrupt them.


Mingling with Filipinos wasn't an easy thing for me. I grew up with Chinese friends in high school. I grew up with some of them for twelve years, some of them for eight years. Nothing in this material world could ever explain the bond between us. In college, I'm starting from scratch.


It was during junior summer year that I realized chemistry was my academic calling after joining the Ateneo chemistry camp. I made no regrets choosing this course. It's very fantastic to know that BS Chemistry is the Center of Excellence in the College of Science, and all my professors are Ph.D. holders. A large number of faculty administrators graduated from the chemistry program too; an example would be the Dean of my college.


During high school, I was just a fair student, grabbing decent grades and was just a normal one. When college life started, I made a decision to aim higher. I wanted to change my grades. So I worked hard. Worked hard to attain my goals. There may be someone greater than I am in the class, but I have no intention to challenge him. I would only do my best to attain my goals.


I'm also in this big, big, big, big pot of various personalities. I find myself with blockmates with very-so different backgrounds than I am. I am lucky to be born in such a well-to-do family. I won't elaborate much of this.


The bottom line is: college is more fun than high school in terms of personal freedom. You're free to do anything you want. Wear your mp3 player in the corridors, engage in phone calls in classroom (provided your professor's not around), and go and grab a bite during class intervals. People, enjoy your last high school year. The best is yet to come.


4 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, August 20, 2006 , Blogger dk said...

Oh ya are so right stephie my friend!!! Ang tagal na rin akong d nakakapagvisit ng mga blog nyo! Nice! I feel the same way too!

 
At 2:29 PM, August 20, 2006 , Blogger winterdawn said...

You're soooo right Steph! College is more fun than high school in terms of personal freedom...like you, I had to start from scratch.I also wanted to aim higher.Pareho lng pla mga iniisip ntn haha goodluck! ;)

 
At 4:49 PM, August 21, 2006 , Blogger ravenik45 said...

I, on the other hand, fear that being close to my blockmates shall bring catastrophe to me... Biro naman, kasali na ako sa love problems nila... parang i am forced to fall in love... what the??? drinking sessions... i am now conyo... WAAAA

 
At 11:49 AM, August 22, 2006 , Blogger steph said...

sus...love problems? i too am delving into that unknown world....hehe don't worry, single pa rin ako. :D but sometimes we get headaches because of THEIR problems....bakit ba kasi ang gulo ng mga tao ngayon? mwahahahah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home