07 August 2006

Dance Maniax

Believe me, I'm doing this post inside the Internet station of the UST Central Library. I've just finished reading myself to death once again at the Science and Technology section for the chemistry test on Thursday and I've decided to do a blog post.

We don't have classes tomorrow because it's the Feast of St. Dominic de Guzman.

What happened today:

1. We had lecture about redox reactions. I was studying the topic last night and had a difficulty doing so. Luckily I managed to understand the whole concept and the 3 hours of studying for the topic paid off as I answered at the same time the professor wrote the numbers on the board.

2. Got a perfect score on my logbook data.

3. Had a short quiz on English. The air-conditioning was off and it was like having sauna inside the classroom. Oh, I meant to say the whole 3rd floor had their air-conditioning gone wrong. It was fixed thirty minutes later.

4. Quiz on psychology. Anybody with common sense could answer the questions.


Okay...so my topic for tonight is Dance Maniax. Why so?


I could remember the first time I saw the Dance Maniax machine during my frequent visits to the Timezone arcades in Megamall. It seems to be so fun dancing, but I didn't try it because I remembered the time I tried the Dance Dance Revolution at my cousin's house.


Total disaster.


It was one warm Tuesday afternoon that my friends Nikko, Shirlina, DK, Solomon, and I went to San Lazaro for lunch. The Teacher's Day Program was just finished and it was a job well done. Instead of just eating McDo at Masangkay, I suggested SM San Lazaro. They obliged.


Then I suggested to try out the Dance Maniax machine sitting outside the Quantum arcade zone at the third floor of the said mall.


That's where it all started. Getting hooked on the Dance Maniax and getting frustrated why so many people are fighting over it when their dance skills are soooooo low class. (Ahh...I have insulted again.)


The DMX machine played a significant role in my HS life. It was the perfect way to release tension and stress after a week's hard work and hell. There was a time where I was so addicted that I had to play once a week.


Months later, from a speed of 1.8 and mild mode, I went to 2.0 and wild.


Well, from the four said friends above, only three are now addicted and known to be strutting their arms and legs to the DMX: me, Nikko, and Solomon. Every week, Mom and I go to MoA or Glorietta, and a trip to Timezone/Q Power Station is always a must.


Why, it's still a method for me to relieve the stress and pressure from a week's chemistry and other classes. My favorite arcade games? Dance Maniax, Maximum Time, Time Crisis 4, and DrumMania.


Now that we're all in college, we still meet once in a while and go out. And dance. And ice skate. And eat. And dance again. My golly, a trip outside is NEVER, NEVER COMPLETE without the Dance Maniax.


And to speak, a lot of my blockmates do the dance too. I would love to see their skills, but they have told me that they do the wild things. Like using the head. Like using the butt. Hmmm.........I still go for the arms and legs and hips....I'll try the other methods some other time.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home