15 June 2006

First Day High!

Finally, after weeks (months) of waiting, today's the dreadful day. Or not so dreadful.

I woke up at 5:30 AM to have breakfast, brush teeth, shower, get dressed, and so on and so forth. Luckily there was no traffic on the way to UST. I met a lot of froshies taking the jeep towards the campus. After getting off my destination and walking towards the Dapitan Gate, I went to the Main Building. I received texts from Hazel asking where I was, too.

I saw Lalaine on the line towards the building entry. I met her during the regristration day and she's from St. Stephen's. Quite a jolly girl. Steering you guys back to the topic....I met Emmeline on the main building entrance. We said hello, and she went to her classroom 'coz she was late daw. I made my way to my classroom, the Labrador Hall, and took a seat on the front rows.

The first girl I talked to was Jamie. A very, very chatty girl. That's good....and then the students came flowing into the classroom. I noticed that there were many of us.

After a few minutes, the dean of the deparment came to our class and took our registration forms to sign it. I got mine back with both hands. (Thanks to Dr. Ngo for teaching us the manners!) Then Dr. Sevilla (our chem101 prof) arranged our seats alphabetically. I'm sitting at the front row, left side, near the walls--and my seatmates are good: Nico and Jessa.

After chem101 was theology class, but the prof was out. And the classroom was really really noisy! Think ten times noisier than our Uno days. Cellphones blaring out mp3s and some peeps asking Friendsters around. (Me included.) It was fun, and I got to meet new friends. I get along with most of them, and that's very, very good news. Hope the friendship would last long. =D

I met some wacky girls too....hahaha, their personalities really match with mine. Thank God! I was really worried maybe the class was gonna be really quiet and reserved, but it turns out that it's a wacky block. That's good. That's good, 'coz Em's block is really tahimik daw.

Since my classes end on 1130 AM, I texted Michelle Sim and Em to get lunch together. Sorry friends, couldn't go to lunch with you, next time!!! I promise! (My new pals were inviting me to get lunch w/them.) And my mother dear! ANG DAMING TAO! PUNONG PUNO! I had no choice but to go outside and go to Wendy's, my other favorite fastfood. It was also jam-packed, but I managed to find some seats. Not long, Emmeline together with Christabelle and their new friend Clarisse came in.

That's it for my first day! It was fun, really. Got to meet some cool people....and quiet people too. =D Tomorrow's orientation day! Jeez...got to get working on my Rizal Course homework.

My prof in RC called me for recitation during his class. His question: "Why do we need to study Rizal Course?"

Answer: "Sir, as Filipinos, through Rizal we can know ourselves. Through his way of writing we know our culture and what we fight for." Parang ganon. Buti na lang he said, "Good. Good answer. Magaling."

Whew!

Oh yeah, speaking of RC, my prof had this Visayan accent and I-don't-know-what English grammar. Hehehe, Uneans are really meticulous in grammar...right?

Tata!


Tata!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home