17 June 2006

Orientation and Campus Tour

Instead of having classes on the second day (yesterday), we had our orientation and campus tour. The orientation was held in the Medicine Auditorium of the Medicine Building. It's a spacious auditorium; imagine Onstage Greenbelt. Like that, but instead of cup holders, we have small desks attached on the chairs.

We had Mass first. The reverend father (ata) told us: "First year ka pa lang, magpakamatay ka na." Haha, magpakamatay na sa hirap. After the Mass, it was the freshmen orientation. They introduced to us the deans, teachers, and the society officers. We had an intermission break, where the College of Science Dance Troupe showed us their moves. Afterwards, the College of Science dean Fortunato Sevilla, Ph.D.(my new friends teasingly call him Tito Fortunato, of course not face-to-face) gave us his speech. Pagkatapos, lunch break.

I went with my blockmates to Chowking. Before arriving at the fastfood restaurant, we had to tread flood water. It is shallow, don't worry, but some girls were really shrieking. Maybe water had made its way onto their white skirts. Me, I'm careful. I had enough floodwater incidences already.

I ordered the yang chow fried rice. I had been eating fried rice for my whole life! Ask us Uneans. Siomai, 叉燒,炒飯,叉燒包... anyway, I just ate with them. After lunch, we made our way to the church and waited for the tour. We received our free sling bags and inside were the student handbook, science journal, bandanna, ek ek ek ek...

They have this tradition in UST, wherein freshmen would have to pass through the Arch of the Centuries. Only once, walang padaan ulit. The upperclassmen say it signifies you'd graduate. I'm not sure, but I heard that you'll just pass back the Arch when you've graduated? I am not certain.

The campus tour took a toll on my friends' feet. Some foot stockings were torn and one toe sticking out. It was fun, fun, fun. I've found myself a group, too: eight girls with the same favorite: laughing all day long. Thank God for them!

The upperclassmen say the course is tough. Emphasis on tough! From fifty students, come fourth year, approximately twenty-five will remain. The knack on how to survive?

Been doing it in Uno, and Uneans are experts already. (HIndi ba?)

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!

God bless everyone!

PS> Uneans Batch 2006! Comment and tag naman kayo! I miss ya all!


2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, June 17, 2006 , Blogger ravenik45 said...

Good luck in college! Malapit na tayong mahihimatay!!!

 
At 7:50 PM, June 18, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

kailan kaya tayo magkikita sa loob ng main building... hahahha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home