14 May 2007

The Sandy Beach

Yesterday was Mother's Day and instead of celebrating it by eating at an exclusive restaurant, we had a family outing to Nasugbu, Batangas together with my family on the mother side. That Saturday morning I had to drive our stuff to Valenzuela so we wouldn't drag along the Coleman ice truck while riding the jeepney. That evening, mom and I went to my aunt's house to sleep.

We all woke up at 130AM to prepare. The bus arrived at four AM and we went to fetch my other aunt. Needless to say, people are all asleep all throughout the trip. We arrived at Batangas at 7:30 AM. After unpacking the goods and trekking down the 100 step-stairs, hello blue ocean!

Swimming, swimming, swimming...the water was very salty and it stung my eyes and nose. But I'm thankful that the ocean floor is not embedded with rocks unlike the beaches in Subic. It looked dirty because it's sand you're stepping on. By afternoon, my cousins and I plus my aunts and mom, lay down the shore and had 'wave massage'. The waves hitting our bodies were good. Plus, it was fun to see my relatives rolling around because of the waves.

After I finished showering, I looked at the mirror and found my face beet red! My nose and cheeks sting. I never caught the 'red fever' before. There was a presentation for our mothers and games for the cousins. Hahaha...I even won a cash prize. =)

It was so traffic on the way home but there were movies to entertain us. Sheesh, I have seen those movies before and I am not entertained. What we did on the bus was share food--junk food--when all of us are pretty hungry and longing for a big plate of McDonalds' Chicken McDo. The bus stopped at a gas station and I decided to buy myself a bag of Piattos.

Four hours later we were back in civilization and eating at Emerald, the Chinese resto along Roxas. The customers there were all in red shirts celebrating a birthday, while we were all in shorts, beach wear, and sunburned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home