22 March 2007

Ballroom Dancing

While I was reviewing my notes for the inorganic chemistry exams tomorrow, I found myself reminiscing my SDC physical education class. Wonder what's SDC perhaps? It's Social Dance Class, one of the PE classes offered. First, I was really frustrated why I got this PE because I hated dancing--because I already had fitness class last first semester. Second, I didn't like wearing high heels; I wasn't accustomed to it.

Little did I know I will eat my words.

A lot of my blockmates were also enrolled in the class, and we always had the usual complaint of having to go to class on a Saturday. (And thus, my MoA trips were lessened.) Little by little I grew fond of this ballroom dancing class.

Three dances were taught to us during the course: cha-cha, rumba, and the jive.

Ballroom dancing is fun. It sweats you out, burns calories, consumes ATP, and get to meet newer friends. True. Dancing the cha-cha makes you enjoy the South American beats, follow the romantic steps of the rumba, and show your happy and energetic side with the jive. Plus, I learned how to wear high heels. =p

What's my PE for next year you wonder? Not folk dance. It's one of the hardest PE classes in UST. I'd go for outdoor sports; you don't want to be spending much of your time with practicing dance steps.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, March 22, 2007 , Blogger winterdawn said...

Nice! HAHA We were taught cha-cha, tango, and swing :D Really fun! But such a pity I wasnt able to see you dance, STEPH! :D SAYANG! Sana andun ako wahahaha

 
At 5:00 PM, March 23, 2007 , Blogger steph said...

haha...magaling ako sumayaw...=p

joke! ilang beses na ako nadapa sa high heels ko dati! =D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home