09 June 2006

Wala Lang

I've just finished reading one of my close high school friends' (still is) blog and I'm motivated to do a post about something about books. Haha, I am so bored here that I can't find anything to do anymore. I've exhausted every possible activity that one would do during the summer.

Believe me, when you've graduated from high school and waiting to get to college, you get so impatient to begin class.

Antepost: Well, I'll tell you this: I'm meticulous when it comes to details. I want everything complete, organized, and neat. Little mess and I'm gonna repeat the whole deal again. That's also how I work: neat, neat, neat, neat. That's why teachers love to give me job to do. And sometimes they overdo it.

Anyway. Back to the topic.

I love to read suspense or movie tie-in novels, only on one condition: it must be written in third-person narrative. I have a book here that I bought a year ago, and because it's written in first-person, I didn't finish it.

Suspense novels make you think, think, think on who would be the killer or whatsoever. If you buy a book, don't read the katapusan. Spoils everything. I don't have a specific favorite author. I read the plots at the book back cover and decide for myself which book to purchase. My favorite book shops? Powerbooks and Fully Booked no doubt. Sometimes National Bookstore.

Hmm...maybe I do have a specific favorite author/s: Max Allan Collins and Stuart Kaminsky. The former is the writer of all the CSI books out there. He's written lots of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation books and two CSI: Miami novels. They're all fantastic. Kaminsky, on the other hand, writes CSI: NY. The two of them are very detailed.

Yeah, speaking of CSI, I do have a book collection here at my house. I've finished collecting all the books and have read them as well. They are all well-written, and the books are what keeps me alive (with the exception of eating and drinking) during the summer. I have devoted a section for all my CSI novels.

There are other good authors out there, but as I've said, I read the plots before I buy them.

Oh yeah, before I forget, a list of the books that I really, really DISLIKED.

1. Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime: No offense to those who enjoyed it, but to me it is nonsense. I didn't like the book and thankful that I didn't waste three hundred bucks for it.

2. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer: I didn't even bother reading it.

3. Pygmalion: No comment.I didn't enjoy this one either.

The books are all book reports from my high school years. There are more, but I won't be putting them here. I don't like reading classics. (except some Shakespeare works) Period.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, June 10, 2006 , Blogger winterdawn said...

Nice post! I never read thrillers or scifi, probably because I like romance novels more hehe But I think Da Vinci Code is good, though I had not read it, I'd heard from my friends :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home