09 June 2006

The Product of a Bored Mind (or person)

Instead of staying home and attracting flies, I decided to accompany my mom to Makati. We rode the LRT, and as usual, I stood all the way from Tayuman to Gil Puyat station. Then, we took a jeepney and got off near the bridge and walked towards one of the customers to get a sample to be produced in the company.

And then, we got into a bus, not knowing it was a wrong bus. Instead of turning towards Ayala Avenue, it went straight towards Gil Puyat Ave. Luckily the bus turned right when it arrived at the embassy building and went straight towards the strip of hotels located on both sides of the street. When I spotted the Mandarin Oriental, The Peninsula, and the Shangri-La, I knew where to go. My mom and I were supposed to go to another customer and deliver the goods to them.

We had to walk several kilometers! From The Peninsula, we took the underpass towards the Allied Bank underpass and walk again towards Ayala Museum, then take the escalator up to the bridge linking the Landmark to Greenbelt. Walk, walk, walk again. Passing Music One, Grappa's, Cafe Bola, Tavern...we went down the stairs towards the strip of coffee shops: Cafe Briton, Cafe Havana, Starbucks, Seattles...then entered Greenbelt 3 to get some air-conditioning. It was freakingly hot outside!

Then Mom and I trudged our feet towards the row of restaurants across Greenbelt 1, namely Nuvo, Temple...I forgot the rest. Afterwards, we walked inside the Greenbelt 1 mall, and I remembered the times that we had the field trips to watch the OnStage Shakespeare plays, namely The Merchant of Venice and The Taming of the Shrew. I find both very good, but some say the first one is better. That's because they are lovestricken individuals. Merchant is more of a love story. Taming is a comedy.

Anyway, finally! After kilometers of walk we arrived at our destination. After leaving the goods at the customer's office, we walked back towards Glorietta to get lunch. Yes, we walked the hell road again. My feet are aching.

Where we had lunch? Our usual place: Teriyaki Boy. I ordered our usuals: futo maki, california maki, spicy salmon gunkan, bottomless iced tea, and chasyu don. They are my favorites, and I say you try them 'cause they are very, very delicious.

Then Mom and I took the LRT back home. This time, I got to sit. But Mom went back home while I went to SM San Lazaro to buy my notebooks and pens. There are lots of people at National Bookstore! Instead of buying nine notebooks for my nine subjects, I opted to buy one of those compiled notebooks that allowed one to have three subjects at the notebook. Then two fifty-leaf Green Apples for my Rizal Course and theology. RC....yuck. I hate it.

I must be crazy because I bought two for no apparent reason. Now I'm having a hard time to decide which one I'd use when classes begin. Anyway, I bought two compiled notebooks, four graphic notebooks for my two chemistry subjects and two math subjects, and a couple of pens. Then I went back home and plopped in bed.

Instead of sleeping, I'm typing this blog post.

I must be crazy.

I'd catch sleep later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home