03 May 2006

Suffering an Ordeal

ordeal (or'deel) : a severe or trying experience

Yeah, I just had a simple but a painful ordeal hours ago.

I just had a facial.

After weeks of postponing it, I finally got my butt to do some walking and entered the clinic. After paying and getting my face cleaned, I lay at the small bed and the beautician (or whatever you called her) did her job. She applied that soothing cream on my face, used a so-called suction to clear up my face, then placed this blue thing over my face and had me relax for a few minutes. I was inhaling oxygen then.

Then, she cleared that blue goo and asked me to transfer to another room, where the doctor waited.

And it was when the ordeal started.

The dermatologist used a small knife to pop those zits (blackheads and whiteheads). At first, I kept mum about it, kept silent. BUT IT HURTS! She used this circular object and scraped those bits and pieces away, and it hurts too because she was pressing it against my cheekbones and jaw. My palms were clammy, and I wanted to scream at that dermatologist.

After scraping and stabbing my face, she applied a solution and turned the electric fan on. And it was agonizing! Darn it. I felt like lye (sodium hydroxide) was poured into my face.

And they say beauty comes with a price.

Oh yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home